mischief managed.

7:33:00 AM


I'm a huge Harry Potter geek, so may have organized my trip to London to coincide with the Deathly Hallows Part 2 World Premiere. I will proudly admit that Jess and I spent 36 hours camping out in Trafalgar Square along with thousands of other crazed fans. Having pushed our way to the front of the barrier, where we stood for a painful 8 hours in terrential rain, it was well worth the wait when the sun emerged just in time for the stars to arrive. Not only did we have a prime view of the red carpet, but managed to score 10 seconds of fame with TV3 film critic Kate Roger. It was amazing to see all the cast in person, but if I had to pick a favourite it would be Rupert Grint, who went out of the way for all the fans, being the first to arrive and last to leave. After all the autograph signing, interviews and photos, the red carpet ended with speeches from the trio and J.K Rowling that left everyone present teary-eyed and chanting "til the end". It really was an unbelievable experience that I will never forget. 

As well as the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Red Carpet, I was able to go to the opening of the Harry Potter Exhibition at the London Film Museum, do some location spotting around the city and finally, see the last film myself at the midnight IMAX release in Greenwich. I think I've made it pretty clear that I'm pottered for Potter. I hope you enjoy my videos and red carpet photos below x





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Amazing photos and videos!! Thanks 4 sharing it! I was on the premiere too, in the same side you were, but nearer to the big screen, and yes, it was an unreal experience, I still can't believe that I have been there!!!!

    ReplyDelete